Flowers in Israel
"That they all may blossom in a beautiful world beyond war"
On this website you'll find:
Returning After A Long-term Absence - Field Trips!
- Plants of the Bible - Bible resources.
- Thorns and Thistles in the Bible - The Bible refers to thistles and prickles" as a symbol of desolation or wilderness.
- Perfume in the Bible - The use of perfumes among the Hebrews.
- Spices in the Bible - The use of spices varied widely from food preparation, to perfumes and ointments, to burial of the dead.
- Herbs in the Bible - In the Bible we can find a wide variety of herbs with different herbs references for the same verse.
- Land flowing with milk and honey, ארץ זבת חלב ודבש - the Promised Land.
- 'Zimrat ha'aretz' - can be interpreted as 'the praise of the Land', or as 'the song of the Land'.
- Israeli Jewish Holidays, - Shabbat and all holidays start at sunset and they end when three stars appear in the sky.
- Tu Bishvat (ט"ו בשבט), - "The New Year For the Trees."
- Charoset - a symbolic food eaten during the Passover seder.
- The Four Species (Hebrew: Arba'at Ha-Minim, ארבעת המינים) - etrog, a palm branch, two willow branches and three myrtle branches.
- The Seven Species Deut.8:8 describes the Land of Israel as "a land with wheat and barley, vines and fig-trees, pomegranates, olive oil and honey.
3. April 04,12,14, 2014, Sharon Beach National Park
2. March 21, 2014, Bene Zion - Haruzim Nature Reserve
1. March 16, 2014, Netanya, Sergeants Grove
Enjoy your visit!